Thread: New addition !
View Single Post
Old 26-02-13, 18:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnixartillery View Post
Going back to Jon's point over here in the UK it really boiles down to the Local county firearms department wether a Section One firearms license is granted to an individual and depending on the county you live in makes a big difference.
I live in North Yorkshire and was one of the first up here to fight for and be granted a Section one license for live Artillery, but made it quite clear I had no intension to fire any weapons or hold any charges so that helped my plea a good deal.
I have a good selection on de-activated Artillery but as you get into collecting the rarer breeds it really is a shame to chop them which was another one of my points when fighting for my license.At the moment half my collection are live the rest de-activated so a good mix,I have 20 pieces at present with a few more on the way.
Rob

Agreed - I'm in the Thames Valley area - took a couple of years to get the licence... though mine does allow me to fire black powder blank.

Yet a friend in the Bedfordshire area simply applied - using my licence as precedence and had his granted in a matter of weeks.

I looked at moving another area - they've just said... when you get here, let us know and we'll pop around to inspect everything. In the Thames Valley area, having anything prior to inspection is a definite no.

Storage and security requirements also vary depending where you are.

So... very much luck depending where you live and that area's interpretation of the law it seems.

Sounds like you have a great collection - do you have a 75mm Pack Howitzer? Do you have any open days?

Cheers

Tim