Thread: 3 Ton Derrick
View Single Post
Old 31-08-06, 19:21

Been watching this thread with interest and will now throw my spanner into the works: -
1. Grants scan from the body parts list is titled "30cwt winch & Derrick ...." I would tend to interpret this as the (single) body is called 'Winch & Derrick' not that it shows both the winch and the derrick bodies.
2. The picture from F60S-HB1 nanual is titled "Engineers Lorry with body type winch" - It is called an "Engineers Lorry" and has a body (as oposed to chasis) winch [Winch is not part of it's name]
3.Regarding the three photos (posted by Hano) with white handwritten descriptions - I read an ampersand (&) in them - i.e. Winch & Body [not winch body] etc. - are these official photos with official descpritions? On the photo of Winch & Body I think I detect the pole strap brackets and a difference on the floor where the poles are shifted in and out (see yellow marks below) also note the support jacks deployed - would only need them with a derrick.

My conclusion (for what it's worth) -
There was only one body called "Winch & Derrick".It was mostly used by RCE/RE units so the whole vehicle became known as"Engineers Lorry". Maybe it didn't always carry the Derrick poles but I think the all could mount it.
Attached Thumbnails
cmp derrick unit a.jpg