View Single Post
Old 03-02-10, 23:21

Unhappy Esp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Smith View Post
The bumper bar on Ford CMPs is mounted to the chassis by 3 brackets, one projecting from the RH chassis rail, and 2 projecting from the LH chassis rail. For some mysterious reason, these 3 brackets are not aligned equally at the plane of the bumper and the left side brackets require spacers to square up the bar.

The spacers used are a casting in the shape of a dogbone (similar to the sideplates of a spring shackle), a very elaborate piece for the job they do when a slab of plate would have sufficed. They have the part number cast into them, C29Q-17776.

I had these spacers, but removed the bumper and misplaced them. Would anyone have a couple for sale, or would someone be so kind as to measure the thickness of them and I will get some made up?
A little bit spooky this thread Tony. Keith was explaining this to me only the other day when looking at the front of my truck.

I was all ready to put two massive bolts in there and tighten the things on the bumper to bend the bracket around.

I thought that bracket had been bent out of shape.