Thread: How To: Ford CMP "Blitz" miscellany
View Single Post
Old 10-06-21, 03:22
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Side curtain

Hi Jacques, the pegs that slide into the door look like they are straight, for a lightweight canvas door, I wonder whether that makes any difference to the main part of the curtain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Reed View Post
Good Day,

I posted some information on Harry Moon's threads on side screens for CMP vehicles. As I noticed a different design between those for Ford and Chev trucks I thought it might be better to post it on my Ford CMP thread rather than further hijack Harry's. My apologies to you Harry.

The height of the frame is the same for both 15-1/2" but I noticed a difference in the length of the frame, 34-1/2" for Chev models and 32" for the Ford model.

I had a look again at the photos I took of the original curtain that was attached to an Australian Cab 13, F-60L and the one from which I derived my drawings. Luckily I had laid a steel rule on it to verify the size and it does prove, at least, that the Australian Ford curtain frames were only 32" long.

I may one day get back to the property to double check all the dimensions. Hopefully the owner wont be in a hurry to get going somewhere and I can have enough time to do it. After 6 years I am sure it will still be there- just a bit rustier.

Hope this is of some interest.

Cheers

Attachment 122524

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern