Thread: Smokin'
View Single Post
Old 18-09-05, 06:26
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Support for Keith

Quote:
Originally posted by Lynn Eades
I'm with you Keith. I have no tollerance for the habit although I grew up with a Dad who smoked more than anyone I've ever met. The ceilings in the house were always yellow from it. The thing is a smoker cannot keep the dangers of his habit to himself. the other guy can choose not to have a drink or a sugar doughnut , but he doesn't get to choose when someone else lights up
Hi Lynn

This is EXACTLY why I opt for a win/win in the way of "freedom of choice" ... the business owner, I feel, should be free to choose who he/she will cater to ... smokers or non-smokers ... how fair is it for non-smokers to harrass and pressure a smoking establishment to schange their rules to cater to 'special non-smokers" requests? ... OR for that matter, a smoker to rail at the rules and demand and harass/pressure a non-smoking establishment to give in to smokers, just because the person wants to frequent that business???

Please ... lets be fair ... and leave the buiness owner to decide whose interests he/she will cater to.

If you are a smoker and CHOOSE to enter a non-smoking environment, then i feel the smoker has got to 'suck-it-up and suck back that smoke outside, and quit bitching, in respect of the business and establishment, and customers it caters to ... whilst visa versa ... the non-smoker should also choose to not frequent an establishment if smoking is an issue, or else suck back the 2nd hand smoke and quit your bitching because YOU chose to eneter a smoking establishment.,... and not harrass the owner and deny it's smoking customers a right to choose.

Choose your establishment!

As a smoker ...
As a non-smoker ...

You who rebel at the opposite preference are ideally expecting and demanding a business to cater to YOUR preferential needs/wants and don't give a crap about anyone else (selfish)

The BEAUTY of freedom to choose ... is freedom from discrimination and harrassment from those who want 'special treatment" ...

Dammit folks ... quit your dammed bitching and only go to establishments that you choose, if you choose to enter an establishment that caters to things that you deem unhealthy or unwanted ... don't bloody GO THERE!!!! Leave the business alone ... and stop expecting preferential treatment.

PO'ed Ma yappy ... says ... stop being so dammed selfish and expect everyone else to fall in to your particular habits ... let freedom to choose happen and delight in that freedom, because it exists for you as well ...

PS: I grant you ... that public areas where non-smokers AND smokers MUST congregate or do business should be smoke free ... I bend to that ... but as to private businesses? Gimmie a break ... choose and freedom to choose ... enter KNOWING what you choose to eneter and leave the establishment BE.