Thread: Smokin'
View Single Post
Old 01-03-05, 00:38
Richard Notton

Quote:
Originally posted by Pete Ashby
Hmm,

R you know that there was only one line, and it runs from Paddington to Bristol, those LNER chaps were a bit Johnnie come lately, City of Truo being the first on Hatton Bank if I recall with a down Ocean Mails express.
Ah, the GWR indeed. That pillar of engineering excellence I. K. Brunell and the revered Churchward. However, SNG's creation did make a mighty 202km/hr on 3/7/38 (for the new-fangled metricated-bots) although it had the non-A4 standard demon tweak of a Kylchap exhaust, and somewhat mullered the centre big-end in the process.
Quote:
Nice Barnet by the way
Thanks again. The necessary scenario resulting from the best efforts of Mr Magirus and Mr Deutz in the grit propelling stakes, although they are recalcitrant to get their asses into gear in the early morning -2ºC we have been seeing even after a whiff of the hard stuff in the shape of a puff of ether. I think 4K hours means an injector service needed. . . . . . . . . .

The buggers have put Cherryade up too by 30%, the last 2000L was quite expensive, Mr M & D have a propensity for the stuff barely surpassed by my 623's RR lump for the other fire-water.

Quote:
GWB me thinks you have to be on a charge
I've been on one of those recently and apparently discharged with ignominity.

Yet again, Bollocks (capital B, two L's) seems quite appropriate.

Maybe I should publish the papers on my web site, would be an eye-opener and cause an intake of breath in certain quarters.

Nice to hear from you again Pete.

R.