View Single Post
Old 12-12-10, 10:48
The Original CMP Site!

Default Thank you and Goodbye

Back in the later years of last century, I decided to create a website dedicated to the wonderful Canadian Military Pattern trucks.

It was a struggle as there was little about them online and I did not have a lot of access to paper publications about them here in rural Western Australia.

So I put out a call for help on the the old Mil-Veh @ skylee forum hoping that among all those Jeep enthusiasts on there, there might be at least one person who not only knew what a CMP was but would be able to help me out.

There was such a person. The very first reply I got was from a Geoff Winnington - Ball.
He was a kindred spirit with a great interest and appreciation of the CMP. And he was only to happy to share his knowledge and enthusiasm with a neophyte from down under.

Geoff sent me untold amounts of information both electronically and via the snail mail. He would proof read everything I posted online and would email me constantly with corrections and suggestions. All with good humour and intelligent analysis.

And through Geoff I have met many liked minded enthusiasts, both online and in person and have made life long friends from that group.

Geoff, I never met you and I am poorer for that. But I do remember a long, informative and very funny telephone conversation many years ago and I will always cherish the help and guidance that you gave me

I have always felt you were a mate in the true Aussie sense of the word and so I say, Thank you and Goodbye. May you rest in peace.

Rod
C60S x 2
Rover Light Armoured Car