View Single Post
Old 13-08-03, 02:58

Default So far away yet sooo good!!!!

Thanks David

I plan to remove the GMC 248 this weekend and store on a storage frame I will build with casters..... and stuff it in the attic of the barn ofr future consideration. I plan on drainning all the current motoroil/deisel fuel combination and over filling with basic motor oil. The thing is very tight and doesn't leak...... cylinders will get an idividual dose and soem poured in the carb and oil intake on the valve cover. Then will tape over all openings.

That G5502 seem to good to scrap!!!!!

Will prepare my 1958 261 for shipping to the machine shop...along with the cab 11 216 bellhousing for accurate line boring in case the dowels do not perfectly line up..... I will pull the front engine support plate from one of the spare 235 currently installed in the C60 for eventual installation on the 261 when it is rebuilt.

Let's see ..... after all inspections and measurements, rebore, linebore, new pistons, rings, etc. other parts as required... stock 1958 truck cam shaft.... probably balanced...... should run like a fine watch and I will be sitting a lot lower in my chair after my wallet gets deflated.... oh and yes.... Chev gray paint all over.....

Am I forgetting anything .... oh wise one......????

Again thanks for you help.
Canada