View Single Post
Old 03-02-13, 21:03
Mr. HUP

Default Ice, ice, baby!

Saturday was overcast and the temperature hovered around -12oC - a relatively warm day compared to the previous bout of bad weather. The days leading up to Saturday were quite nice also with a considerable amount of sunshine, which served to melt the top layer of snow, which at night turned into ice. A light dusting of snow early this morning made the going quite interesting. The road to the barn was iced over from start to finish. Pulling into the barnyard was fun as the car refused to go in the direction I wanted and refused to stop when I braked. Fortunately, I just barely missed the forward pole of one of Grant's shelter.

After parking the car, I waddled over to the barn to set Lucifer alight. Bob showed up a short time later and waddled his way to the barn after having a few close calls on the way to the barn. The work of the day consisted of more fender banging for Bob, and mirror arm deconstruction for me. Grant popped in around noon and helped free up the mirror arms.

After lunch, Bob and Grant did some surgery on Bob's fenders and test fit metal pieces to replace rusty areas on the fenders. I was going to take the HUP for a ride, but I noticed some fluid on the floor of the container, which turned out to be brake fluid. The mystery of the previous week was solved. When it warms up a bit, I will pull the front wheel and redo the brake lines and check for other leaks.

Photos:

1 - Reception Committee - a wood pecker
2 - The Hammond Ice Arena
3 - A snug fit for the HUP
4 - Potential brake fluid leak location
5 - Evidence of a leak
Attached Thumbnails
icy 003.jpg   icy 012.jpg   icy 002.jpg   icy 007.jpg   drip.JPG