View Single Post
Old 28-01-13, 14:38
Mr. HUP

Default Quiet as a Mouse

It was a quiet weekend at the barn. There were two reception parties on Saturday. Outside, the usual herd of turkeys trotted down the barn road in front of the car. Inside the barn I heard some scratching noises coming from Bob's turkey feed bucket. The photo below shows a scared but well fed mouse that was able to get in, but weighed too much to jump out. I released the poor bugger before Bob arrived. Who knows what fate the mouse would have suffered at the hands of Hammond's cat lord?

This morning there was a lot of maintenance inside and out. Afterwards, Bob spent most of his time hammering away at a crease in one of the front fenders and organizing his storage container. Grant gave Lucifer a good going over and performed some necessary surgery. Lucifer suffered from a clogged artery, so Dr. Grant quickly replaced the offending bit. The barn heats up quite nicely these days, but who cares? We are now acclimatized to the cold...

My day was spent organizing the new HUP shelter and running the HUP. The HUP does not like being ignored. She fired up quite easily, but has developed a coolant leak around the water pump area. In the photo below, you can see where she is marking her territory. After warming it up, I took the HUP for a little ride up the laneway where I noted that the brakes no longer functioned properly. I must have a small brake fluid leak somewhere as the main reservoir was almost empty. I could not find a brake fluid stain on the floor of the container, but that is a mystery I will solve next weekend.

Photos:

1 - Mouse in the house
2 - Sea can organizing
3 - HUP marking its territory
4 - Bob fighting his sea can door
Attached Thumbnails
mouse.jpg   ice 014.jpg   ice 013.jpg   ice 015.jpg