View Single Post
Old 07-01-13, 03:34
Mr. HUP

Default Busy at the Barn

There was a reception committee awaiting my arrival at the barn this morning. To my surprise there were about 20 quite large birds pecking away at the snow in front of the barn doors. As I approached with my camera, half of the crowd flew away with remarkable speed. The braver ones eye-balled me with curiosity until I got up close - then they took off in a flurry of feathers and rude noises. Of course the camera on my mobile telephone decided to ask me some qestions about exposure, and by the time I had sorted it out, the turkeys were gone. Bob has been feeding the local "flock" of turkeys and they obviously have told their friends about the free food at the barn.

After lighting up Lucifer (it was -10oC outside), I headed out of doors for some more snow management. Bob showed up mid-morning and after catching up on the past week's activities, we spent the remainder of the morning clearing away some snow, which is now becoming more of an irritant. Bob mounted his trusty tactor and cleared the laneways and in between the barn and shed. I busied myself cleaning off shelters and digging out the barn doors.

Once that was done, we headed indoors for some metal work. Bob concentrated on some of his sheet metal components while I looked at the Pilot Model doors - photos are on the 42 Pilot Model thread. Lunchtime rolled around and Joyce popped in with tea, coffee, chips and hot dogs. This was a very pleasant surprise and we enjoyed lunch in the comfort of the barn (which was now at a balmy 15oC).

Later on, Grant joined us. He and Bob got into the metal work for Bob's truck. Bob had fabbed up a replacement piece that really looked the part when they temporarily put it together. That burned up the remainder of the afternoon, and as darkness fell, I left Bob and Grant in the barn to put the finishing touches on another of Bob's remarkable creations.

Photos:

1 - Reception Committee
2 - Bob drilling out spot welds to remove a panel
3- The replacement panel being test fit
4 - Lunch is served!
5 - Bob and Grant checking the fit
Attached Thumbnails
removal.jpg   repl.jpg   lunch.jpg   boys at work.jpg  
Attached Images