View Single Post
Old 31-07-16, 20:16

Default Welcome from the OSAPA

Hello all,
I've been lurking in the background for a couple of years, ever since I bought an Iltis and attended the Tulip Festival in Ottawa back in 2013. I am involved with the Board of Steam-Era and would like to formally offer a heart felt welcome to the OMVA. Military vehicles have been on display in some form or other at all of the 56 Steam-Eras I have attended. We have a "Big Tent" and it allows for the everyone to participate. Military Vehicles were featured at the 54th Steam-Era in 2014. This was the first year that we had used Country Heritage Park as our venue and since we now have more room it just allows us to do more.
Steam-Era is put on by the "Steam and Antique Preservers Association" we are a not for profit dedicated to "To promote the preservation, perpetuation, restoration and renovation of articles, vehicles and machines of
Canadian Agricultural Heritage". With the huge influx of people to the GTA and other urban areas, this has turned into more of an educational mission. Most of the people that attend Steam-Era will never see or have never seen a steam engine, or actually see threshing, binding and stooking wool spinning and many other activities that were a part of daily life only a generation before. We want to provide a window to our Canadian Heritage and with this in mind we are delighted that the OMVA can come in a more formal role this year.
Of course this is a work in progress, but the possibilities are endless. For the last couple of years we have had approximately 8000 people go through the grounds over the weekend so please reach out and help aquatint new Canadians with the our history and perhaps "reacquaint" some of our younger people with the history and national heritage that they may not have learned very well in school.

Have Fun
Frazer

P.S.
Our regular members receive two passes as well. Other non-members that come in of the street to exhibit are only given one. The difference in camping fees may be something that we can look into going froward, but this close to the show it may cause some "political" problems to change that now.
Also the club has a members Chicken BBQ on the Sunday night. Any OMVA members are welcome to attend. The BBQ is done at cost and will be $15 for advanced tickets and $18 at the door. The walk in tickets will be very limited, so please call or email Courtney McIsaac to order tickets now (289) 839-2454 courtneymcisaac@hotmail.com . We would like to order the chicken in a couple of weeks (last year had way to much left over)