View Single Post
Old 02-12-04, 14:18
MLU Administrator

Default Re: re enactors

Quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Henderson
The nazi re enactor fellows are free to come along with their vehicles but the point of "uniforms" and all the crap that goes with it, will be where the fights start. This fact will be made VERY clear months before the start as we are out to enjoy several weeks of Australia's outback and catch up with fellow military vehicle collectors from across the country.
Hi Wayne,

I´m sorry to have brought this point up, but even though I was born decades after WW2, I always feel a strange sensation when I see people re-enacting "Nazi's". Years ago I read about a camp in the UK where one could spend a weekend as a Nazi prisoner - why anyone would want to do that is beyond me?!?
Also, this month a saw a picture of children dressed up as Hitler Youth's in a Classic Military Vehicle Magazine. In my eyes this is disgusting!
I have no problems with anyone dressing up as a Wehrmacht soldier when driving a German vehicle, but for me it stops where anyone tries to depict Hitler's Henchmen and Nazi sympathizers - I see no way to do this respectfully. The only place for such uniforms is a museum in a proper historical context.

Rant over - have fun on the Track!

Hanno