Thread: Heads Up: Restored C-60L Cab13 For Sale
View Single Post
Old 12-04-14, 15:36
aut viam inveniam aut fac

I think Gerry has had this truck a long time. Dont know who made the box, but on my original the wheel wells extended to the inside. Also all these boxes should have metal rubbing strips running the length of the box floor. These are still standard size.. I think something like 1" by 1/4" ( maybe 3/8") x 12'
I think there should be 3. (although maybe 5..memory is a little fuzzy) one dead centre, and the 2 others equidistant on either side, and possibly two more closely aligned with the inner wheel wells.
Again these are standard still avail strips that can easily be added with short welds along their sides about every 2ft or so

My orig tailgate only had two footsteps, not sure if I've ever seen four. but they look well done.

Do you have the big attachment/restraining bar part that fits into the three holes in front of the box? (should be five holes at the front- one on either side for the top bows- 3 middle for attach/restraining bars --cab protection from cargo?)
It should be fairly easy to get one made up.. a squared-U shape with a central support (three down tubes) and a cross bar almost the width of the box.

The top bows extended down onto stops inside the side supports channels about a foot. eg nearly to the depth of the wheel well.

The front of the box should not have openings (nor at the back) in the bottom exterior channel-beam-rail or whatever you want to call it-- they were cut, maybe about 10" back (?) and welded to create a shallow angle inward to meet with the front of the box so as to be tapered and not to have a sharp edge to catch people or objects.

Again the tool boxes and especially pow carriers will be hard to get.
The tool boxes would be easy to get made,, and i suppose the POW carriers could be repro'd fairly easily although not exactly as the originals..all it takes is $

I havent seen this truck in person for eons, but Gerry is a reliable and honest person

There was another guy had a 3 ton in Longueil a few years ago, and when selling it, was telling a story about it's provenance, EXCEPT he was telling people the story of MY truck..not his !!!!! ie was used as a snowplough/firetruck in the small village of Hudson.

Mine spent almost its entire life indoors and cared for by the firemen, and so thats why it had so little rust and remained fairly orig.

I was promised (sincerely) it would remain in Canada, remain in its new "museum" home to be used in parades for veterans etc, and not be sold.. wonder where it is now?