Thread: Heads Up: Restored C-60L Cab13 For Sale
View Single Post
Old 10-03-14, 19:13

At the risk of confusing things more, the parts books C15A-04 and C60S-03 each list the same two Motor Housings (the official term for the doghouse) for the 2nd type cab (Cab 13) with the note that when stock of 5804735 is depleted 5815002 should be used. This suggests that the two are interchangable but Jordan, Bob, Rob Clarke and I have all seen that there are (at least) two styles of cab frame and (at least) two shapes of doghouse that have different profiles along their join line so that they only fit the appropriate opposite part.

The same two part numbers are found in parts list 197 covering all models from C8 to C60L and CGT without any notes in any of the parts lists about only for arctic or cold weather equipped models.
The C60X-04 parts list gives the normal 5815002 but also gives 5825543 as being for use with arcticized equipment and also lists separate cab lower frames for "not used with heater and defroster option", "used with heater and defroster option", "not used with wireless supression option, aticized equiment or heater and defroster option", "used with wireless supression option" and "used with articized equipment".

The C15A-04 and C60X-04 are the last versions shown to be published according to a listing of pats lists published 1949, however the same list of lists shows C60S-04 and C60L-04 as having published but I don't have copies to look at to see if they show more choices of doghouse. C15A-04, C60S-03 and C60L-03 all list multiple cab lower frames paralleling those in C60X-04 without referencing a later doghouse than 5815002. If anyone has access I would be interested to know if later doghouse covers are referenced. The Chevrolet arctic equipment maual does not mention a separate part number for the doghouse but does mention the ones for the lower cab frame.

Jordan's original engine cover had the extra openings in the top face that may be associated with wading equipment. I don't have access to a Chevrolet manual on their wadeproofing kit to be able to tell if this gives clues on whether there was a separate doghouse for wadeproofed vehicles. (The Ford manual for wadeproffing equipment doesn't seem to list separate sheet metal but shows multiple vent lines passing inside the cab near the windshield center post.)