Thread: Heads Up: Restored C-60L Cab13 For Sale
View Single Post
Old 01-03-14, 04:27
aut viam inveniam aut fac

Robert you should have bought mine..It was complete, and an original and extremely rare winch model.. and a beauty driver.. drove it back and forth to Ottawa a few times.. and went on the Belgian tour too. It had a 235.. the minimun you'd want.. I would have put a 261 in it if I had had the time, and money. Unfortunately I sold it, to out west..

It was also a PE-197 (1944) but with its orig 20in rims. and it was destined for a radar train which fits as it had an REL tag in the cab, and the winch. It was certainly not built with C-15 parts.

Also original square hatch, not round, and the later spare tire carrier. The truck was original having been purchased from the military directly to the small town municipality, where it spend most of its decades of service, inside the fire hall.
When I bought it, I was only the second owner !

What are difficult to find for this are the things like the large storage boxes and POW carriers. Shovel mounts on the box on passenger side, and pick and helve on box driver side. And details like the passenger floor mounted grab handle.

Never went for a key start.. I liked the switch and floor start lever...