View Single Post
Old 01-05-11, 07:56

Default Canadian Ford Lynx for sale in Australia - eBay April 30 2011

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1944-...item3a65944c3c eBay auction ENDS May 6, 2011 Buy it now @ US $38,000
(the good news is that our dolalr is higher right now). Add tax, shipping.

The Lynx on eBay is apparently a very nice one. I was in correspondencee with the chap who restored it -- Cam Finlay in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hull was uncut. It had been found in a children's playground (ironically with a swastika painted on by vandals) and was restored. The Australian Registration Number (ARN) 123970 is original to this vehicle and shows up in photos Cam sent me when it was found. He was selling it but it was and is out of my price range. Looks like seller now may be different.

A LOVELY and RARE Canadian made vehicle. Standard Ford V-8 WWII engine. A classic WWII one. Reg Hodgson brought his Ford Lynx back to Canada from Oz. Any Canadians out there able to do so now for this one? There are very FEW of these vehicles left with only about 5 that I know of in Canada. There was another one for sale in Oz a couple of years ago but that one had a modern automatic transmission fitted. At least one Aussie one has gone to England.

Only thing I see wrong with this Lynx on eBay is the US bar tread tires. Perhaps Ferret wheels/tires could be fitted?

By the way, I just happen to have three ORIGINAL manuals for sale for the Ford Lynx Scout Car now that I have faced reality and decided that I cannot afford a Lynx Scout Car and am not likely to find a barn find one locally (though one was found at an abandoned logging camp on Stave lake about 50 miles from here and has since been salvaged and restored and is now on display in Chillwack.) - I have both the Operator's and the Maintenance manuals. Not cheap though.

Colin Stevens, Richmond, BC, Canada seaforth72@gmail.com
Former owner Ferret Mk. I CAR 54-82598

Colin MacGregor Stevens, CD
Richmond, BC

Last edited by Hanno Spoelstra; 02-05-11 at 19:08. Reason: formatting