View Single Post
Old 01-01-09, 06:35
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default cable

Lucky for me I had the remains of the original cable ..I took it down to Col Bradford , the Chev parts dealer in Cheltenham, he's gone now . He found 2 NOS ones exactly the same ..he said they are from a late 30's chev ute ... dont know what model .

I was looking for the axle hub seals ..he looked up is old FLASEAL book, and I was knocked over ..In the Chev listing in the book was listed : C8 Canadian army truck . FLASEAL were a old Melbourne company , they made oil seals for years . He ended up selling me some NASCO brand seals ..NASCO was the GMH owned parts company .

I found the C8 rear hub seals at AAA vintage auto seals in Rooks road, Mitcham ..they were FLASEAL brand , in old yellow boxes . The king pin kit came from Power Train ( Keith's old workplace , and another business now gone I believe ) ..but moved and run by Keith Downey.

I just found the original boxes for the seals

FLA-SEAL 11183 , on the box it reads : manufactured by A.FLAVELL PTY LTD Melbourne Australia

NASCO 592441 ... this is the C8 front hub seal I think ..

these are old felt and leather seals ... these days ..I would go for modern neoprene seals if available in the correct dimensions.

Mike
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad

Last edited by Mike Kelly; 01-01-09 at 07:43.