View Single Post
Old 04-04-16, 12:45
Lionel G. Evans

Default Tyre and Rims Questions

Hello All,

I have dual tyres 7.20 X 6 pierced disc wheels . These wheel rims have suicide rings on them. Is there a modern version available that is more safe than the split rim? Some local tyre places will not handle the suicide rings. In the early 1980s I worked at Killarney Abattoirs with a bearded bloke whose previous job used to be as a truck tyre fitter. The beard covered most of the scars that occurred to him after a suicide ringed rim let go out in the field. The beard grew while he was recovering after an extended stay in hospital.

Mike's message has the tyres down as 7.20 X 6 tyres

The current outside rear dual tyre on my Chevrolet has the following written on it "Olympic Trojan Made in Australia SN 6026 7.00 - 20 with Ply rating 8".

Are these the same tyres as in Mike's earlier message except they just have two more layers of "ply" on the Olympic Trojans?

All my tyres are completly unserviceable and as they have cracked, disintegrated and they are rather square. Way beyond the idea of just whacking a new tube into them. Yes all 7 of them - well if I had a spare wheel that is I am also missing the suicide rings off the two inside dual rims.

Kind Regards
Lionel
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2

Last edited by Lionelgee; 04-04-16 at 12:53.