View Single Post
Old 07-11-19, 13:23

Hi all,

Bumping this back to the top with a couple of questions on a Canadian used Bantam T3 Trailer

We are just about finishing a full nut& bolt restoration of Bantam T3 #22885, DoD 29th June 1943. Body Box number is 52902.

The original dataplate clearly shows that it had been delivered to the Canadian Defence Forces (the US manual lists have been crossed out and replaced with Canandian info), and the trailer still had the longer heavy duty springs with relocated spring brackets and gussets , the tandem trailer triangle kit and the holes for the tandem trailer receptacle box at the right rear corner of the body box. So it was restored back to these Canadian specs...

Only things left to do now are new tyres, shocks, a final coat of OD on the inside of the box and applying the CX number on the rear panel.
Since there are no official lists for the CX number, we chose number CX4252902, as most numbers I see on original photos start with CX42 and added the box number 52902 to come up with something that looks good…

Now for my questions…

1. Since this trailer was delivered with a standard US Army type dataplate which was then altered to Canadian specs and not the plate with the Canadian manual numbers directly printed on the plate; would it have been delivered with a blue drab U.S.A. registration Number on the rear panel, only to be covered with the CX number?

2. When applying the 4" CX number, what would be the best location, seeing that it doesn't fit between the rear reflectors? centered on the rear panel as shown on my photo? Or should I use 3" stencils?

3. Would it have had unit markings…? Jeep which will generally tow it is marked to the RHLI, 2nd Division.

Will post more photos once all is completed!

THANKS!!
Attached Thumbnails
01-T3-22885 (1).jpg   32-T3-22885-06Nov19 (2).jpg  

Last edited by Johan WILLAERT; 07-11-19 at 14:05.