View Single Post
Old 12-09-20, 15:45
Terry Warner

From the Google docs legal information, "...Duffy won the auctions for both the Opel and the Marder. His winning bids were $41,000 for the Opel and $210,000 for the Marder. ..."

As far as I am aware, Mr Duffy has bought and sold numerous other armoured vehicles. He has been a big proponent of the Ontario Regiment Museum and raised its profile head-and-shoulders above its previous levels. Let's not forget just how much good he's done for the hobby. As I mentioned above when I visited the very impressive collection, I was informed that the two pieces were by then acknowledged as not original.

I've made bad decisions over the years too. I've been disappointed with auction purchases just as much as I've been happily surprised by what arrived. Maybe the MLU lynch mob should pull in its horns and let the OntR Museum have its day in court. A judge will decide whether the items were misrepresented or not. Until then, I think all museums have bigger fish to fry as they try to find revenue in a very changed community sector.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!