View Single Post
Old 18-07-07, 14:13
"Sid and Errol's Dad"

Angry This is Bullshit...

For those of you who don't know, I am a mechanical workshop manager. Between my current and previous job I see, service and repair Falcons, Commodores, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Hyundai, Volvo, Kia, BMW, VW ,Nissan and Peugeot on a regular basis. Plus many other brands on a not-so-regular basis. Mate I am as "Ford" as Henry himself. But I am severely biased to Aussie cars. Having said all of that can I also say that I honestly believe that the Aussie 6 cylinder in the current BF Falcon is the best value for money engine ever in any family car. That includes anything the US or Europe has thrown at us.
No other engine offers as much bang for your bucks, delivering excellent power & economy without the NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness) of it's nearest competitors. The Aussie Ford Six is right up there with BMW, MB etc, but for a fraction of the cost.
Ford seems to miss the point that the reason we (Aussies) drive Falcons is because they are big and safe, and cheap to run, repair and service.
I am sure that the only reason this decision has been made is to prop upFord US. American family cars do not work in Australia. European cars do not work in Australia. (How many Mondeos did Ford sell here? 20? 30?) If the disastrous "Taurus" experiment of the late eighties didn't prove it then nothing will.
The decision to close the Geelong plant is a bigger mistake than the axing of the local V8 in the 80's. Ford Aus is still paying for that mistake today and has only just started to regain lost ground. The decision to close the Geelong engine plant will prove to be a disaster & spell the end for Ford in Australia.
In the 20 odd years that Jo & I have been driving, we have owned between us eight Australian built Fords (Two Meteor/Laser, Five Falcons and one Fairlane) and loved every one of them. The last Falcon had 400,000km on the clock and I'm dead set certain that I could have got another 400,000 out of her. It was simply that good.
If the dickheads at Ford Aus realy do start fitting Falcons with a smaller & inferior V6 engine then I know I certainly will not buy one.
I am (as you may have guessed) very passionate about this. This is worse than losing your full-foward to a soccer team. To say this is a little stinky is like saying Casey Chambers sings a little nasal.
To all the employees of Ford Geelong, be assured that millions of Ford fans around the country are behind you. In fact we are here to help you.
I want to start a petition. Right here. Right now.
AUSSIES! Email me via PM and we will get the ball rolling. Ryan, you collect a few email addresses too & I will be in contact with a text for the petition.
Let's save the Geelong plant! Lets save the arses of the undeserving pricks at Ford HO. We can do it!
Howard.
(People power saved Mitsubishi. It IS possible)
F15 #12
F15A #13 (stretched)
F60S #13
C15A #13 Wireless (incomplete)

Last edited by Howard; 18-07-07 at 14:22.