View Single Post
Old 01-11-09, 15:18
carrier mech

Nice job Kevin.

I still say it is designed to contain two boys mags. It is far too sloppy a fit for one or two bren mags, and it is very unlike the British to design a bag which would have so much wasted space. Since this thread started, I have now managed to come up with 6 or seven boys mags, still not enough to fill a boys mag chest, but enough to test the theroy of the two mags in the pouch.

I had hoped to produce a number of these pouches, but life and other priorities get in the way. I ended up buying plain white canvas and dying it to the proper colour. Worked pretty good, except that I have to dye the canvas first, then sew it into a pouch. If you make the pouch first, the colour does not make it into the seams. I did manage to make up a bunch of the metal brackets and the wood backing, and found the proper rivets at a supply shop in Winnipeg. I even took the time to stamp the Ford part numbers and the year into the metal and the wood, although in all likelihood they would never be seen again once mounted into a carrier.