View Single Post
Old 22-10-07, 22:53
Jeremy

Smile 2009

Cheers Keith
Yes I will replace the mirrors with the originals as soon as I can,and will use next year to build up some miles and check for reliability.
Will take chev to the Kemble National show for sure plus some local ones but want to play with Norton and Jeep as both have been off the road for almost two years as all spare time devoted to chev, getting married and the house thing.
As regards France 2009 I will probably stay at a really good B&B just outside Bayauex will be with a couple of other WWII and will try to spend some time at battery longues if there is a camp there. Although I am a member of the MVT I travel to Normandy at least every two years to visit my great uncles Grave at Ranville, he was killed on D-Day just outside the village and is interned in Ranville churchyard.
I tend not to go with the organised tours for various reasons though I was with the MVT tour ( my first ) in 1984 and 1994.
The driving experience is really something else though as with all these vehicles once mastered becomes a real joy I am getting used to the interesting gearbox and have to remind myself to take gearchanges nice and slow and try to remember to double de clutch while maintaining the vehicle in the correct direction steering is fairly vague but the biggest thing to sort is the squeaks they seem to be coming from all over the cab front area.
Biggest problem is not engaging starter motor instead of trying to change gear, and also getting the feet muddled on the pedals all adds to the excitement !!

RR.
Ps am starting to save the pennies as I think it costs around 50 pence a mile to run the truck and I'll probably do over a thousand miles on that trip