View Single Post
Old 22-12-23, 05:49

Default Fate Rob?

Hey Rob...no problem. Your help is always appeciated!! Odd thing about this "inquiry" is my high school teacher's surname is also Love. He also served in my father's regiment, The Hasty Pees.
And there was always a good story to have in his class. At one point (Grade 12), Mr Love asked us to bring is any "war souveniers" of our families, as the "wars" were the topic of the month. Various bits of ordinance and apparel appeared. However, yours truly brought in a WW1 DMW Luger, much to the delight of everyone, especially Mr Love. I bought it off a classmate of mine in Grade 10 for $20.00 CDN, which to him was a $1000.00. To this day, he often reminds me of that day.
One of the other items to appear was a (correct me if I'm wrong) was a 25 pound aerial practice bomb (white) which I've seen occassionally here and there. At that point we didn't know about the term "practice", so in order to find out what was the status of the bomb, we smuggled it aboard a twin engine Cessna during a Geography outing over the Niagara Falls and Lake Ontario. The bomb was launched into Lake Ontario without any explosion...much to the dismay of the occupants of the aircraft.
So endith our history lesson for today!

Hopefully I'll be able to add something to this once I get the info out.

Cheers and again thanks.

Robert