View Single Post
Old 16-08-10, 18:39

Default Morris CDSW 6x4 Bofors Tractor

This gem is my new restoration project for the Manx Aviation and Military Museum. Part of the museum is the regimental museum of the 15th Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment, RA (TA), who used CDSWs in England, Eritrea and North Africa as the light ack-ack unit of the 7th Armoured Division. I help to run the museum which is a charity run by volunteers and I'm providing my time for restoring the vehicle free of charge. My last MV restoration was a Morris C9/B SP Bofors which is now in the museum.

Mechanically the vehicle seems to be very good, with an incredibly sweet zero-miled engine. However the bodywork, although new, will have to be started again from scratch as it's completely wrong. I've collected a number of photos including some excellent factory shots from the Tank Museum so I've got a good idea what I'm up against but I need all the help I can get with this because I don't want to get it wrong.

Does anybody know if a vehicle exists with its original LAA tractor body? All of the restored vehicles seem to be inaccurate to some extent.

I've got a driver's handbook but I don't have a workshop manual or parts book for the CDSW. The CS8 manual is useful but it doesn't cover the 5-speed box, the winch or the back axles. Has anybody got a CDSW manual or a parts book that they could copy for me?

I'll be doing a restoration blog on the Historic Military Vehicles Forum if you're interested.

Please tell us everything you know about CDSWs!
Attached Thumbnails
PICT0011.jpg   001.jpg