View Single Post
Old 04-09-22, 19:22

Default Out for a spin.....

Hi Paul

Attended a GearHead car show on the weekend and the wife took pictures of my truck panning shot has I left the ground......... cruising at a comfortable speed of 32 MPH @ 2000 rpm....... at that speed I do not even have to look at the speedometre or the tachometer..... it just sings nicely.

Hot, uncomfortable, noisy..... but not has bad now that I have the roof top installed and the rubber roof head pads do muffle the oil canning of the sheet metal .....did I mention HOT.....engine never overheats and stays at the thermostat prescribed 165 F.

Last week Grant found and original door hooks so I could modify mine for Summer driving. He saved the original and reproduced two exact copies. My cab 11, being early never had the field modification as it stayed in Canada, reluctantly I now appreciate what a 5 inch open door can do for comfort. I have yet to carefully drill the holes in my reproduced doors. I am waiting for Grant to measure accurately where I am to drillthe holes, which will also serve for the side curtains.

I was ready to sell the truck for $5.00 after days of fiddling with replacing the switch on the starter.....had to remove the engine cover, the rigth side of the hood just to be able to take out the starter from above &^%^&##$.....
...also had to remove the Emergency brake system off the transmission.....but on re assembly I could not re install the clevis pin that attaches the ratchet of the E brake to the rear rod.....myhand were getting sore from trying and besides they are too big.... after hours lyingonmy back with arms stretched to the limit overhead....... Grant crawled underneath and did the job in a few minutes......
I had promised to kiss him but chickened out.....!!!!!

I now have a glorious total of 607 miles on the new odometre.

One of the many old visitor at the car show argued with me that his friend HAD one just like it but it was a 1937 Chev with a round hatch in the roof....I gave up and walk away from him.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
gearhead.jpg  
Canada