View Single Post
Old 30-05-05, 12:24

Hi Jacek!
About Polish Defence War 1939,we can talk without endThe main problem of Poland at 1939 were not army and equipment,but polish Government and General Staff.Much more important for me was that Stellan pointed that polish equipment wasn't been so ancient as "western" people think,polish soldiers and officers weren't been so unproffecional ,polish tactics weren't like :"Aztecs against Cortez"(some snivel wrote that bullshit at the other forum).Poland lost that war mostly by stupid politians decisions at 1938,during Munich,and stupid strategy prepared by Rydz-Smigly,not only during the war,but before at plans of development of polish army,for example for polish fleet were been bought 4 destroyers , 1 minelayer and 4 oceanic submarines.At 1939 that ships could only escape to Great Brittain or Sweden ,one polish historicians called that situation :"...shark at the lake".I don't know how many tanks 7TP could be build or how many Hurricanes could be buy for the same money,but even I count only 50 tanks for a destroyer or 25 planes ,it changes polish force very serious,no matter against Germans or Russians.