View Single Post
Old 08-08-06, 23:53
RIP

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Murray
What is the source of these beauties??
Bill
Bill,
Thanks for the idents. I was starting to feel that everybody was ignoring these.

The airbrushed images come from a 1940 or 1941 book produced by Ford which shows the vehicles that they had produced for the war effort. There are many more which I shall share eventually. Original held by Cdn War Museum.
The un-retouched photos are from the series of photos taken overseas by CMHQ, on behalf of the Quarter-Master General. These are the same photos used by Bill Gregg, however, I am in the process of getting coies of ALL of the vehicles photographed and not just those used by Dr. Gregg. The pair of ambulance photos are flotsom kicking around my PC and I had nowhere else to show them off. The two photos of cars in use in Canada are from a series of photos taken in the Ottawa area of vehicles in use in the Canadian Army, circa 1942. remainder are the result of individual photos that I have come across in my ongoing research. All photos not attributed to the CWM were located at Library & Archives Canada. There are also dozens of photos of RCAF vehicle photos that I have seen but have not had a chance to copy. Unfortunately, these are not grouped like the Army photos are. This means more time in getting the negatives ordered.
We all benefit from a new policy at LAC which now allows researchers to take digital photos of items no longer under copyright. This applies to all WWII official Cdn Army photos.
Too little time...