View Single Post
Old 20-03-05, 12:58

Thumbs down How right you are

Too true Richard

you and a number of others here will remember Master Notton and I holding forth last year about a major show held in this country, look out I feel rant coming on.

In the UK thirty years ago we were paid petrol one way from most show organisers. We have not had that for a very long time in fact it is becoming more frequent for the entrant to be expected to pay an entry fee.

It is with a certain degree of irony that the only payment I have received in many years came from an organisation that has now fell foul of it's main governing body.

Add to this the continued and very real threat to keeping our vehicles on the road from the petty law makers in Brussels, the shear effort of finding somewhere to keep our trucks housed as nearly every farm building in the south of England seems to be converted into either a swanky office or a million pound house it all gets to be very hard work.

Why do I continue to pay very dearly from my own pocket for this privilege? I don't know to be honest, but it's just something I have to do.

It does occur to me that perhaps we should start a movement to get back to basics and remember the times past when we were not driven by the need of the balance sheet and the bureaucrat.

Rant over I'll get on with some work now