Originally Posted by Lynn Eades View Post
Jacques, my 41 to 47 Canadian commercial parts book lists casings at:
60.8"
103"
54"
92"
68"
and lastly at 61" long
How any of these match up to CMPs, I have no idea.
The LP2 and LP2A Australian carrier used a 51F-17261 case and a 51F- 17262 shaft. I can't find a length.
Any part numbers on your cable?
Not sure this helps you in any way, but I wondered.
Hi Lynn,

Thanks for that information. Will have a look at the cable today for a part number.
Parts Manual list the casing as *C29Q 17261 for late model cabs. Another part unique to CMP's

Of interest: The cable was purchased from a dealer who's father bought up tons of surplus items after the war from the Ford factory in Geelong Vic.
I had thought it possibly was from another wartime Ford truck but not sure if any were fitted with the round gauges other than the CMP's.
If it was a carrier cable the length seems more likely, but the speedometer end would not fit a Ford instrument cluster. Perhaps Lynn you can answer if any carriers were fitted with the round military speedometers and gauges.
I really don't want to shorten it but it is excessively long for a F-15A. To use it, I have to run it along the right chassis rail, past the radiator, back to the cowl opening for the harness and then to the speedo. Running it along the handbrake bracket, like in the sketch, I wind up with about a metre of cable inside the cowl!

Thanks Grant also for that info and link.

Cheers,

Jacques Reed

Last edited by Jacques Reed; 22-06-20 at 00:35. Reason: thanks Grant