For future reference:
Quote:
Ford CMP Blitz NOS BATTERY CLAMP SURROUND. RARE. WW2 Item number: 170235993013

Winning bid: AU $71.00
Winning bidder: scrivo18( 231)
Starting bid: AU $40.00
Seller: ian4b2( 194)
Member: since 02-Jul-01 in Australia

Up for offer is a NOS Battery clamp surround for the Ford CMP truck- or Blitz as known in Australia.

This surround is VERY RARE in any condition as most are lost due to battery changes in the last 60+ years or thrown away due to a not fitting the style replacement of battery put on the truck. Let alone to be found in NOS condition all these years later.

Condition. NOS- new and unused and in excellent condition for its age. It is covered in black paint. The clamp has some scratches from storage and is a little bit dusty- I gave it a light brush over. There is VERY light to nil surface rust where the paint scratched off and this in no way affects the clamp- check the photo.

When i bought the clamp, it carried the part number of LV7 FD, 51A, 5165A. The tag visible in the photo's has no visible number on it, but rest assured this is the SAME as the other clamp i have which was sold under the same part number. FD stands for Ford and 5165A is the part number for this clamp as listed in Ford CMP parts books- see photo of an F15A manual (the same number is listed in the F60L manual and i guess also in the other Ford CMP parts manuals but check your application before bidding). This clamp will DEFINITELY at least fit a Ford F15A and F60L truck and probably more.

For those who are wondering, this does fit an original FORD CMP battery box. I tried it on my F15A's original box and as you can see in the photos, it fits like a glove. I can see no reason why it would not fit other original Ford CMP battery boxes but please check your parts manuals to make sure.

I am ONLY SELLING ONE OF THESE. I will not be selling my other clamp. Dont miss out on your chance to fit an original, hard to find part to your truck to finish it off.

This clamp could have more uses than just the Ford CMP but i do not know what they are- possibly the Chevrolet CMP or other Ford WW2 manufactured vehicles such as armoured cars, other trucks or bren/machine gun carriers. Check your manuals!
Attached Thumbnails
136f_3.jpg   251e_3.jpg   10f1_3.jpg   1c02_3.jpg   1f48_3.jpg