View Single Post
Old 04-12-20, 20:01

Default KNOBS, Phenolic, FLUTED w/Crank ZA/CAN 4698

I was able to clean and refurbish the KNOBS, Phenolic, Fluted with Crank for the 7 – 16 MC PA LOADING Dial last evening.

The fold out crank portion is all brass, and I suspect originally was in a black anodized finish. When looking at the central brass spring clip assembly that locks the crank in either its open, or closed, mode, I could see the remains of the black anodized finish on the underside of it. Over years of use and cleaning, this finish wars off and ends up being replaced with several layers of semi gloss, or gloss, black enamel paint, which invariably chips all over the place.

I went with cleaning all the remaining paint off the parts and redoing them in a semi gloss black enamel that blended in quite nicely with the black phenolic knob. I noticed this morning, one small run in the paint on the outer surface of the crank, but I should be able to buff than down in a couple of weeks, after the paint has fully cured.

Now that side is done, I will get going on the right hand assembly for the 1.75 – 8 MC PA LOADING Dial.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Sender 69.JPG   WS No. 52 Sender 70.JPG