View Single Post
Old 23-11-20, 21:41

Default DOORS, Metal, Hinged ZA/CAN 4294

On the bright side this morning, I did get some important work done on the DOORS assembly for the Sender. I was able to remove the two broken and bent Cross Pins from the two Cowl Fasteners on the door.

Gripping the longer ends of each existing pin with a small set of vise grips, I was able to give them both a slight twist and steady pull, and out they both came.

Installing the new pins went just like the instructions said they would with the Cross Pin Installation Tool. You can press one end of the new pin into the stud hole with your thumb and finger right up the the start of the central locking ridges on the pin. then you have to use the Installation Tool. It takes several attempts to get the first pin properly centred, making small adjustments to the tool each time. Once that first pin is centred on the stud, you lock in that setting on the tool. The second pin went in centred with the tool on the first use.

Nice to get those two fasteners fixed. You can see the new pins in the studs in the photo, along with the remains of the damaged pins.

That was as far as I got with work on the Sender DOORS today.the reason will be revealed shortly in my next Post.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Sender Doors 9.JPG  

Last edited by David Dunlop; 24-11-20 at 02:40.