View Single Post
Old 31-08-18, 11:14
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default Cs8

Tony had previously contacted me . The chassis nr is stamped on the rear pass side spring mount. I have various spares if u need anything Wayne.
Production finished during 1942 , not sure of the exact date. The later ones , 1941 production, found here in Aust. seem to be refugees ( not found in the AWM books for some reason ), these have the closed type cab and full windscreen like the C4 has. The chassis are rather flimsy, I can flip one over easily - try doing that with a CMP chassis ! The rear axle is strong with heavy duty half shafts. The chassis are prone to rust , took me ages to find a decent chassis. Somebody found a nice CS8 in Victoria recently, , seen on the ' old wrecks' or similar Facebook page , its location is unknown to me ATM. There is a nice original barn find CS8 in the Moama museum, ex John Carroll of Ballarat, it was seen at the Ballarat airshow 1985 , a few of us were there. Interesting, the CS8 prototype was built in 1934 , a pre-war liaison involved the WD and MCC together . Production seems to be around 21000 built , all body types.

I do have a 1939 dated example , and a 1940 both aero screen types. The engine parts are scarce , its basically a pre war Morris 25 saloon car engine also used in the CV trucks . I managed to buy new valves from Cox & Turner who have other bits.Found new pistons on eBay .Made new valve guides on my lathe . The water jacket cover screws broke as I undid them, need drilling and tapping
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad

Last edited by Mike Kelly; 31-08-18 at 11:59.