View Single Post
Old 15-01-04, 14:49

Default D-15 water tanker

Hi

I live in Norway and I'm in the process of restoring a D-15 Water tanker. It was built to S/M 2989 and delivered on 15. Mars 44. The census number that I found partially on the hood and partially on the rear of the tank is Z 5597605 or Z 5598605. As you can see I'm not sure of the 4 number, the problem was that the previous owner had started to sand it down to restore it and he wasn't concerned about the history of the truck. I'm sure on all the other numbers, as it was possible to piece them together from the three places they were painted. As this was a late truck I think Z 5598605 is most probably the correct one.

The truck was used by the Norwegian army after the war and most likely wasn't used much by them. I friend of mine bought it in the early 80tis and late sold it to another collector. I bought it from his son again a couple of years ago.

There has been some other D-15's in Norway and I know of at least one more. I don't know if this has been a Water tanker as well, but it doesn't have a tank today. There is also another truck that might be a D-15, but it could also have been a D-60S, as I have only seen a picture of it I'm not sure.
The Norwegian army also used D-60L and I will try to go and look at one in the spring.

I like the Dodge D-15 and D-60 series very much and like Matt I would like to know and hear more about them as there is almost nothing written about them that I'm aware of. I hope some more info comes to light here at MLU.

Oh, and the water tanker is not mine, it belongs to my wife.

Geir