View Single Post
Old 28-12-03, 13:23

Default Dodge D-15 and D-60 info.

Hi
I know I've posted before on the subject of Dodge D-15 and D-60 trucks but I would be greatful for some more help on the subject. thanks to the efforts of David H. we know roughly how many of both types were built but what I'd love to know is what has happened to them all?
I have a D-15 water bowser and I know a guy in Cornwall who has another which is only a few months newer that mine (my one is Aug.43 and his is April 44.both built to S/M2989 as water bowsers).there is a D-15 cargo version in the Durham area and I beleive there is another D-15 bowser in Scotland (Gordon did you tell me about it?) and of course Dirk has one which is a cargo.that makes five.

I would be interested to know if there are any other survivors anywhere,either D-15 or D-60.I would also love to hear of any photos or accounts of them in service.most of the bowsers seem to have been released from the British army in the mid to late 1950's with very little mileage on them.this begs the question did they ever see much service in Europe or being two wheel drive were they found to be too under powered? I know D-15's were used in North Africa though.

Another question is were D-15's or D-60's ever used by the Canadian forces? as they seem to have mostly been supplied under British S/M contracts it seems un-likely but I'd be greatful for any info either way.

I'm sorry if some of this is ground which has already been covered but so little seems to be known about these trucks I'd love to get to the bottom of the story.
Thanks!
Matt.