View Single Post
Old 11-07-04, 18:23

Default D15 - cont.

Hi,

Like Matt, I´m very eager to get any info, in particular WARTIME pictures of D-15´s in service. Many thanks to anyone contributing to our search!!

Gordon:
1. The rear fenders to the desert camo dumper are homemade. The D 60S dumper came without rear fenders.
2. According to the original maint. manual, there is a significant difference in materiel strength between the D15 and D60.(0.210-D 15 to 9/32-D 60). The same applies to rear axles. Everything smaller in dimension then the bigger brother. So the D15 has its own chassis which is weaker than the D60 e.g. Comparison to C/F15 I don´t know...
3. Presuming wooden bodies have been used: could it only have been a 2H1 for a D-15?Or any other? I´m pretty weak on British cargo bodies...

Hanno:
1. Do you please have the name/contact of the Dutch guy producing repro tool boxes and tire holders? You indicated earlier you´d have info on that...Bedankt.
2. the Dutch D-15 dumper with Michelin tires belongs to Guus Persoon in Holland.

Matt:
1. Fy record: There is one more D-60 in northern Bohemia, in Liberec. Status unknown.
2. The pic I´ve posted earlier showing a Soviet Dodge:
can you tell if it´s a D15 or a D60?
3. Haven´t seen a wooden GS body on any original pic so far. But I´m also keen to find one. If you come across one, P L E A S E share it!
The Austrian dealer at camo.co.at has one wooden GS D-15 for sale,but the body has been taken from a Chevy!(Which is now being sold as a wrecker.)
4. Have brought the same pic from Normandy you mentioned! Impossible to tell if it´s D15 or D60.

Greetings and thanx for contributing to an exotic topic!
Erwin