View Single Post
Old 10-07-04, 22:56

Default D15 in France

Hi Hanno and Gordon!
Yes the D15 I was hoping to buy was in the South of France.if it is going to be broken up I have a list of wants and if it is the same truck I know it had at least some of the parts I'm looking for on it so I'd be most greatful if you could pass my details to the owner.

Thanks for the pics,I did notice in some film of the D-Day landings I saw reciently at least one D15 which had obviously gone ashore soon after the landings and while I was in France in June I bought a postcard of a WW2 photo showing British troops on Gold beach and there is a clear front end shot of either a D15 or D60 but the rear end is out of frame so I can't tell which one!

Gordon I can't find any info on the load weight of a D15 in any of my manuals but the main plate in the cab has "Max gross weight except as controlled by tires,springs and auxiliary eqipment 8875" which I assume is pounds.I agree that the chassis on a D15 is not as heavy as that of a C15 BUT I would say the chassis and springs are heaver than a Dodge WC 3/4 ton.as I say I've never seen a D15 cargo with anything other than the steel Canadian body on it but I'm not saying there weren't other cargo bodies used.

Progress on the two US Dodge's is slow,the WC-56 has most of the missing fittings now and I'm just in the process of getting the 1948 registration back on the Weapons carrier.the Compressor truck is coming along but I havn't touched the compressor yet.so much to do so little time....!