View Single Post
Old 24-03-20, 19:54
Dan Dolan

Great info... ..yep the Stag was bought out of the Sydney Museum and imported....it is now in the CSCI Trust and being restored. The Trust will be trading it or selling when completed. Also purchased were 10,000# of used and NOS parts for stag drivetrain and interior. We are putting all NOS back on where available....including even the "clutch head" screws!!!
I am attaching the pictures of the M24 37mm main gun mount that has the coax M1919 gun on the right side....note that the piece mark "D" has the two 'mount pin' EARS forward of the bolts to the side of the recoil cylinder.....that is as it should be for a standard M1919 mount attachment.
BUT...the actual part that was attached to the side of the recoil cylinder (as it came from Australia) has the EARS to the REAR of the mount bolt position on the part...(see the attached pictures of the actual part that was bolted where the "D" part should be). This does two things. 1 the cartridge bag and shell catcher will not mount to this configurations. 2 not sure if the M1919 will then mount to the coax gun mount (I still need to try that!?). The three other pictures are clearly not the same as the "D" part shown in the ORD manual for the M24 mount to the stag.
Can you be of any help finding the "D" part of me? If i could borrow one - I could have a repro cast from aluminum that would machine easily and work exactly as intended for the M1919 Browning. More than happy to trade stag parts I have as spares for the proper item.
I really thought the BESA was coax gun used for that pictured attachment fitting - guess not if it was never used in the stag?! Could this have been a field mod???
Attached Thumbnails
FullSize-M24A1.jpg   Mount-E.jpg   Mount-F.jpg   Mount-G.jpg