View Single Post
Old 26-06-23, 10:00
MLU Administrator

Default Osint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseR83 View Post
I am very much planning on making the trip if I can find more specifics of the tanks location in the preserve... as it is almost 13,000 acres of wooded land and I am half-way across the US.

From what I've read the South Tract of the preserve is off-limits, but the North and Central are open. I wonder if the South Tract is the old Ft. Meade firing range and that's why it is "closed off"?

From the link to the other website... the Preserve tells you to stay on trails and sign a waiver... but obviously people have made it to the Crusaders without blowing themselves up. In fact, I haven't found a single case of somebody blowing themselves up there.
Chase, get in touch with some of the guys on the AFV Association forum to try to get in touch with the guys who were there in person. Then use other open source intelligence like maps and satellite images. They are not a secret, so I think you should be able to narrow down the search area if not get an exact waypoint.

UXO is dangerous, but if you are aware of the dangers the risk is manageable. I would advise to bring along someone who is an expert and can point out the dangers while in the field.

Let us know how you fare!