View Single Post
Old 18-12-22, 09:34
MLU Administrator

Default CMP serial number database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Carriere View Post
Hanno......... what ever happened to the older registry that a few well guided individuals put together in the late 70s or 80s...... they were done possibly pre computers and a labour of love to say the least. Are there any digital copies still recoverable and could they become a separate thread on MLU???? I envision a special thread that would allow individual to enter their own information and the Forum system would automatically sort them out in descending numbers and sortable by date, location, current owner, etc.
....is such a thing feasible so that once created it would be self maintaining??
Bob, if you are referring to Peter Ford's CMP-INFOEX, I have a copy thanks to Robert Morrison. I will look up the number (sometime soon).

Keith Webb used to have a CMP database on his website, but this has gone offline.

Same is true for the database compiled on The Canadian Register & CMP Owners club website, also gone offline but it can still be found in the internet archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20160325.../database.html

I am dreaming of an online database which can be updated by MLU members themselves, rather than one or two people having to process everything that gets sent to them. Been there, done that >