View Single Post
Old 15-01-10, 22:20
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmperry4 View Post
Hey Rob - have you ever had a look at that C8 out at the Shady Oaks campground at Sydney? Might be some useable items on it for your project. I tried to charm the campground owner out of it a couple of years ago, but he didn't bite. I think it's still there, but haven't been over there since then. It wasn't like he had any plans for it, other than some notion he might stick it in the playground for the kids.
I have a photo somewhere in the pile of that truck in the final phase of it's life. It moved from the campground to the town of Sydney and had an advertising sign put on the back. I recall the front bumper was modified to look like a big yellow smiley. It sat there for a year or so and then disappeared. Did it find it's way back to the campground? I have not seen hide nor hair of it for a decade or so?

When it sat right by the trans-Canada up that hill, it actually had a path worn up the hill from all the people who would walk up to look at it. It still had the side curtains on one of the doors too.