View Single Post
Old 26-11-10, 18:33

Default TRW CFR's

I am pretty sure the CFR was added in Canada during incomming inspection and not in the UK. None of my bikes have the CFR painted on the tanks and all are 1956 or 1957's. Perhaps there were several shipments and only the later bikes were marked and left in their crates?

I did see the TRW in the crate in the surplus store in Calgary (when he had his museum open) and it had the CFR painted on the tank (no fender plate) and the Strathcona museum had one, before being traded for a WLC, that was again marked on the tank (again no fender plate). Some of the pictures in Clive's book are also very interesting. I had never seen a photo of a TRW in flat paint with tac signs on the tank rather than the shiny Triumph plate.

Burton Bike Bits in the UK also has alot of NOS parts including carb kits that include new fuel lines (they leak like crazy).

My NOS engine also has a CF repair tag attached showing a serial number and stating that all wear surfaces were 0.00".

Below is a photos at the Canadian Warplane Heritage showing a TRW in original paint with no CFR and no fender plate. It also has a blackout shield that I've never seen before. The sidecar was a joke, it would have a top speed of about 5 kph. These things are slow! The second photo is one that was for sale recently in Ontario, it has a repainted tank and no fender plate. The third and fourth photo show the same bike but with a pretty rare triumph bike cover (it was in the crate originally). Notice that this bike has both the CFR on the tank and the fender plate. The last photo is the original tool kit (as I was told) but it is missing the special valve adjusting tool.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC08834.jpg   3404m9f_20.jpg  
Attached Images