View Single Post
Old 25-11-10, 21:22

Default TRW bits and Pieces

Rob,

Earlier this year, I picked up four very nice TRW's. One is now complete and a runner in original MOD green (not racing green or any other type of green). I also got a horde of NOS parts including fenders, internal engine parts, tanks, seats, rims, electrical stuff, an unused engine and a bunch more (2 trailers full). Send me a list of what you need, I may have it or be able to put you on the path. The hardest parts to find are the proper aircleaner, the rubber elbow from the carb to air cleaner, the large voltage rectifyer and the dash switch. Almost everything else is the same as a civilan TR5.The carriers for the panniers and the canvas panniers thermselves, are available as repos from British Cycle Supply in Nova Scotia.

Some points of interest on the Canadian TRW's I have discovered, if you have holes on your front fender for a licence plate then the CFR was not painted on the tank it was on the plate. The blade type licence plate is black with white hand painted letters. Likewise a non-perforated front fender had the stencil CFR on the tank. One of my bikes had the CFR stamped on the frame (like a WLC) check the rear downtubes by the seat.

The paint used varied. I have lots of NOS parts that are what I would call a "forest green" but the bikes themselves are the bronze green 1950's UK "MOD Green, Gloss". I have had luck in the past (with a Ferret) using Sherwin Willams, but I no longer have the code.

I am putting another together for Charlie Fitton and would be happy to supply a TRW to anyone who wants one.