View Single Post
Old 09-02-06, 05:26

Default The important part to remember....

Finding parts..... there are two secrets to finding bearings and seals for CMP.....

One.... you need to find someone who is patient and willling to listen like Bryan.

I have been working with Andre at Industrial Solutions.. bearings, seals, sheaves, etc......

Do go in with your CMP part's number from a 1943 MB-C1 or even with the actual part number stamped on the parts... in most cases it could not be found or referenced to a modern number.

Try not to damage the seal... take it with you.... or take carefull measurements of Inside Diameter (ID) and Outside dia.

Guys like Bryan have access to search engines on their computers that allows them to find a matching size.

Just a few days ago, I took in measurements ....3.06 inch X 2.25 inch........ the flange was worn down to 2.246......for the pinion seal for a 45 HUP...... they had it right off the shelf..... $9.80 Cdn
For the small amount of wear on the flange, they did not recommend the Speedy sleeve for the additional $26.00

I had similar lucky experience finding the very large seal for the front axle... the 5+ inches..... off the shelf for about $20.00... in this case however the stamped part number was useful.

I have had similar success with bearings and bearing race.

Bob C.
Canada