View Single Post
Old 23-06-13, 22:12
Alastair McMurray

Thanks to all.
The manual shots with the Crab distributor give all the detail that I require! I never thought to compare the crab distributor HT connections with the firing order. Now I know the RF interference reduction capacitor unit is for the original Ford coil on distributor (divers helmet) arrangement and if I want to fit a UK spec canister coil I need the other radio filter type. Can anyone help me out with that?
I do have the Ford coil mount for use with the Bakelite coil as shown the the crab distributor Manual image earlier in this thread. Was this ever used during wartime? Loyd TTs didn't have radios so unless it was a statutory requirement for any kind of tracked carrier perhaps they didn't require HT noise filters.....however the only wartime loyd engine phot that I have does show one fitted on an engine with the coil on distributor setup.

Ps. The water pumps are fitted without gaskets just to mask the mating faces during the paint spray. They are already on the bench to have the pulleys pressed on.

Under Restoration:
1944 No2 MK2 Loyd Carrier - Tracked Towing
1944 Ford WOT6 Lorry

The Loyd on Facebook

Last edited by ajmac; 23-06-13 at 23:34.