View Single Post
Old 26-08-18, 14:48

So imagine my foggy brain coming to life as I sat in the bleachers when the Museum's Scania 6 X 6 rolled out as part of the event, it is the only one I know of in Canada and came here for trials.

Once the opening ceremony was over I asked my friend Ken Lee to show me through the cab.

We talked about the system and the capsules and after some rummaging around in the cab we found some in the glove box.

Ken could tell I was happy to have found what they looked like and who the maker was and had some pictures and was well happy, it couldn't get any better, what a great discovery, exactly the same system.

Later after we all retreated to the 420 Wing and I was thinking about heading home Ken Lee ambled over and offered me a plastic shopping bag, the contents were quite obvious.

Ken had spoken with the Museum Director Jeremy Blowers and explained the events of the day and Jeremy had told Ken to give the caosules and the remains of the packaging to me.

How special is that? I will be returning the favour as it seems they need some Centurion parts and I just seem to have some, "fair exchange is no robbery" goes an old British expression. I felt blessed.

For those overseas the plastic Canadian Tire card is the same size as a credit card.
Attached Thumbnails
scania 02.jpg   scania dash 02.jpg   start pilote 01.jpg   start pilote 02.jpg  

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62