View Single Post
Old 28-02-06, 20:57
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by servicepub
You Rant over.
Good post Master SevicePub ... especially for people who don't know the history (like me, I'm still slowly learning).

It seems the "Canadian Focus" is all about having been not fully credited or recognized and we're all doing that now, and that this does not deny the contributions of any other nation ... it's only about "including Canadians real facts contributions and efforts for the public record and to educate those who don't know" ...

Lots of Nations were involved, and they all need to be highlighted for their parts ... Isn't MLU mainly about highlighting Canadians involvement and trying to correct wrong impressions and information?

I view MLU as also highlighting the contributions of all Nations involved ... and love to hear about them all. MLU is a great place to tell about it all and educate people, and simply promote respect and understanding for each others contributions ... everyone everywhere benefitted by the contributions of everyone everywhere who contributed ... as a whole, it worked. Success. Hitler rule was done away with and we were all saved from more of the same and worse. All the little parts of the whole created the whole success is kinda like I see's it.

Good, bad, or indifferent contributions, screw ups, amazing successed ... we couldn't have done it without everyone elses help, and horribly tragic sacrifices ... the end result was VE ...

I salute all Nations involved, all soldiers, but I have a special warmth and personal pride and gratitude for Canadians ... cuz I'm canadian and my Uncles and dad, whoever, whoever who served ... did so as Canadians, some laying in foreign graves where they fell.

Hmmmm ... Ma Yappy free flow babbles again