View Single Post
Old 05-07-23, 12:32
MLU Administrator

Exclamation MLU meetup Normandy: 4 June 2024

All,

Just like in 2019, we are planning for a Maple Leaf Up meetup in Normandy next year.

This thread is to gauge interest in a gathering of Canadian and British WW2 military vehicle enthusiasts in June 2024. If there is, we need to collectively pinpoint a date and location best suited. In 2019, we used the overflow car park at Longues sur Mer where a bunch of friends of mine set up camp every year. As that site has been redeveloped, were are now looking out for a new venue. Pieter Bergman has already done some reccying this year.

So please help to determine a suitable:
  1. Date: I think Friday 7 June could be a good date - let me know if this collides with any major events.
  2. Location: any large car park or publicly accessible field in the British and Canadian sector could suit our needs. Please let me know if you know of any location that could work.
As this is an informal gathering, I do not plan to formally organise this with permits and all (yes, I know we're in France). One should see this as an impromptu gathering, just a couple of dozen vehicles just happening to pull up in on the same day and location for a few hours.

Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4891.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	134998 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4743.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	134999